These coconut muffins are a dense but moist delight that use the wonderful power of mango (or rather the chemical compound myrcene terpenes contained in the tropical fruit) to amplify the effects of THC and help it traverse the blood-brain barrier more efficiently. Be sure to have the egg and coconut oil at room temperature when you begin or the batter will be very, very difficult to stir.
1/2 cup less 3 tbsps coconut oil
3 tbsps THC-infused coconut oil (see below)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp table salt
¾ cup coconut milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large mango, with flesh diced
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided in ½ cup and ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with papers.
- In a small saucepan, warm both coconut oils until just barely melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk, diced mango and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups then sprinkle the top with remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Should you not be able to fill all 12 muffin wells, remove the paper liner and add an inch of water to the empty ones. This will keep your tray from staining and your muffins nice and moist.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free. Remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
More Recipes and News: The Marijuana Times