Besides fruits and vegetables, it turns out cannabis can be added to your juicer as well.
For those unfamiliar with the juicing phenomenon, the process of making cannabis juice is surprisingly simple. All you really need is a blender/juicer and some raw material.
But what are the advantages of juicing raw cannabis? Here’s a list of our top 5.
1. Avoid the HighWhile the downsides of getting high are often debated, the fact is that some people prefer their cannabis without psychoactive effects. This is where juicing comes in handy.
Since heat is required to convert the THCA in raw cannabis into THC, its psychoactive form, juicing provides a way of obtaining many of the benefits of cannabis without getting high.
2. Ingest Higher DosesAlong the same line, not getting high makes it easier to take higher doses of cannabis and therefore more of its medical components, also known as cannabinoids.
One doctor who recommends juicing is Dr. William Courtney, founder of the Cannabis International Foundation. According to Dr. Courtney, THC can be taken in doses of hundreds of milligrams when in its acid form. However, once heated, the tolerable dose drops to 10 mg a day.
Cannabis juice also contains CBDA, the acid form of CBD.
3. VersatilityCannabis juice can be mixed with a variety of other healthy ingredients to create delicious drinks perfect for any time of the day.
It’s also easier to drink cannabis juice while at work, in the car and in other places where smoking or vaporizing might be inconvenient.
4. Avoid SmokingJuicing, like vaporizing, allows you to avoid the negative effects of smoking.
Although cannabis smoke has not been linked to lung cancer, it can irritate the airways and lead to minor respiratory symptoms such as chronic bronchitis. Thus, juicing may even help you breathe a bit easier.
5. Prevent DiseaseWhile cannabis is often seen as a treatment for chronic diseases, incorporating cannabis into your diet can be a great way to maintain health and prevent disease.
Cannabinoids have been shown to possess antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties, making them a powerful dietary supplement.
Hat Tip to: Leaf Science